Sunday 27 May 2012

RocFest 2012

RocFest qualifying route
Yesterday I took part in the RocFest bouldering comp at Rockover in Manchester (www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk). The junior qualifiers started at 10.30 with 3 and a half hours to climb 30 routes. I managed to gain 228 points out of a maximum of 300 and finished in 1st place after the qualifiers. The routes were well set and some were very challenging.
After spending around 40 minutes in isolation whilst the routes were set for the Junior finals we were off again. I was last out to climb (it was in reverse order form qualifying position) and flashed all my routes which put me in first place. Afterwards, I watched the senior finals as it was a great opportunity to see some of the world's best boulderers.

It was a great day and I'm hoping to go back next year!!
Problem 1 in the final

No comments:

Post a Comment